Entering adulthood


Moving from entitlement to eligibility

Once your child ages out of the public school system, he is she is no longer entitled to services under IDEA  . Likewise, he or she is not entitled to receive other services, such as day programs, employment services and residential supports without meeting the eligibility and funding criteria of adult service providers.

Adult Service Agencies


Department of Behavioral Health & Developmental Services

Department of Medical Assistance Services

Department of Aging & Rehabilitative Services

Department of Social Services


You can find a local DBHDS licensed provider for any of the following services, including:

  • Case management
  • Day support service
  • In-home respite services
  • Residential community
  • Residential/crisis services
  • Respite services
  • Sponsored residential services

by clicking here. You may filter by service type and location.